Thursday, June 17, 2010

Pretty in Purple

This post was featured on Blue Cricket about a month back but for those that didn't see it...

I finally got around to redoing this adorable chair that I got at Savers for 1/2 off, making it a whopping $2.50.

Lets get started! First to undo the seat of the chair, it was super easy 3 screws and off it went.


The spray paint ended up costing the most, after a 40% off coupon to Hobby Lobby it ended up being $3.


The hardest part of this whole thing was deciding what leftover fabric to use in recovering the seat.


My daughter ended up picking out this cute paisley fabric. I ended up just stapling over the previous set.

And for a final touch...

Now I just have to put it back together again.



Ta-da...

This whole project cost $5.50 for the chair and the paint, all the rest of the stuff I had on hand. It does pay off to keep things, still trying to convince my husband;)



2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found you from New Friend Friday.

    This chair looks FANTASTIC! What a sweet addition for a little girl's room!

    Love your projects and your blog. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm certainly impressed! Such a fabulous project with such a small investment! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete